Round out your trip to the only Traverse City casino and enjoy everything else this small town has to offer. Replete with natural splendor and a lively downtown, Traverse City, MI has something for every visitor.
With so many attractive options, you may be asking yourself what you should do first in Traverse City—Turtle Creek Casino & Hotel can help!
Nature lovers are in luck! With an abundance of state parks, historic landmarks, and scenic trails, Traverse City is an outdoor enthusiast’s delight.
If you seek a pleasant peninsula, look about you:
- Old Mission Light House
- Located at the tip of the Old Mission Peninsula, this historic lighthouse provides one of the best vistas of West Grand Traverse Bay.
- Grand Traverse Commons
- Wine, dining, and shops are all situated in the gorgeous brick buildings of the redeveloped State Hospital grounds.
- Brown Bridge Quiet Area
- This secluded trail system skirts the upper sections of the Boardman River providing stunning views. Take a tranquil hike where the river runs through.
- VASA Trail
- The VASA Trail is the perfect pathway for the year-round adventurer. Ski, hike, run, or ride this multi-use single track situated just outside of town.
What to Do Inside
For the urban inclined, Traverse City boasts a bustling downtown full of quaint boutiques, intimate venues, and delectable dining choices.
For a sampling of downtown charm, add these destinations to your itinerary:
- The Warehouse MRKT
- Sip a latte, peruse collections of eclectic home goods, or make a reservation for a dinner of small plates. This tastefully unassuming indoor market will draw you into every store, restaurant, and cafe.
- The State Theater
- Catch a flick at this local favorite! Restored to dazzling glory in 2007, and host to new hits and cult classics, this gloriously renovated movie house is a treat.
- The City Opera House
- Elegant, stately, and with an in-house bar serving up local brews, the Opera House is a venue not to be missed. Take your seat for one of the musical or performing talents that play across its stage.
- The Little Fleet
- Drop in for handcrafted cocktails and your pick of eats from several food trucks. Replete with live music and outdoor seating, this dog-friendly watering hole hums year-round.
Your trip to Turtle Creek Casino & Hotel—the only Traverse City casino—is joined by all the best that northern Michigan has to offer. With an attractive downtown, dining delights, and gorgeous natural splendor, Traverse City has it all.