How to Play Roulette | Turtle Creek Casino
How to Play Roulette at the Casino
The roulette table at Turtle Creek Casino is a perfect place to try your luck! Roulette is a simple game that’s easy to learn. Before you hit the casino floor, learn how to play or just brush up on roulette rules.
We look forward to seeing you on the casino floor!
How to Play Roulette
With roulette, your goal is to predict where the ball will land in the wheel. Bets are placed on the roulette table, and where your chip is placed correlates with what you’re betting on.
When you arrive to the table, locate the placard that shows minimum and maximum bets. You’ll need to hand your chips to the dealer so they can give you a specific color – this way, everyone can keep track of their own chips on the roulette table. Just make sure to swap out chips when you leave the roulette table since they have no value other than at the roulette table.
When bets are placed, the dealer (called a croupier) will announce that bets are closed, then spin the wheel and send the ball around the outside of the wheel in the opposite direction. Once the ball slows down, it eventually lands in a slot on the wheel. No matter what you do, roulette is a pure game of luck.
Now, there is some strategy involved, but each number has the exact same shot of showing up every time.
Learn the different types of bets so you can wager wisely! Always ask the dealer where to place your chips for certain bets if you aren’t sure. The dealer can clarify any of this if you have questions. Roulette bets all have different odds and payouts – the higher chance your bet has a chance of showing up, the lower the payout.
The two types of roulette bets you can make:
Inside Bets – bets placed on numbers themselves on the roulette table:
- Straight bet – a bet on one particular number in the wheel
- Split bet – a bet that one of two numbers that are next to each other will come up
- Three-number bet – a bet that any number in a particular row will be hit on the next spin
- Four-number bet – a bet that one of four numbers will come up on the next spin
- Five-number bet – a bet that either 0, 00, 1, 2, or 3 will come up on the next roll
- Six-line bet – a bet that the ball will land on one of six numbers in two adjacent rows
Outside Bets – bets placed outside the number field:
- Red or black – a bet the ball will land on either the red or black color in the wheel
- Even or odd – a bet the ball will land on any even or odd number
- Low or high bet – A low bet is a bet the number will be between 1 and 18; a high bet is a bet the number will be between 19 and 26.
- Dozen bets – These bets are divided into three categories: 1-12, 13-24, and 25-36. To play one of these bets, place your chip in one of the three boxes with the appropriate marks.
- Column bets – a bet that a number in a certain column will come up on the next spin
Traverse City Roulette
Once you’ve hit the roulette table, relax and grab a bite to eat at Bourbons 72. Better yet, book a room for a weekend getaway in northern Michigan! You’ll combine the excitement of our casino with the adventure or relaxation just outside our front doors.