enter your group/offer code here
Guide to the Perfect Stay with Your RV in Leelanau County
At Leelanau Sands Casino & Lodge, you’ll find a great spot in scenic northern Michigan for Leelanau RV camping at an affordable nightly rate at our RV park and campground.
Make the most of your time at our RV park by knowing all the best camping activities and games to stay entertained and keep the good times rolling while exploring the beauty of Leelanau County and trying your luck at our casino.
RV Activities in Leelanau County
No matter what type of adventure you seek, you can find it in Leelanau. There are so many activities surrounding Leelanau Sands Casino that you’ll likely need more than one night to explore them all! From adult-friendly to kid-friendly activities, the possibilities are endless.
Adult Camping RV Activities
Some of the best adult-based activities in Leelanau include wine tours, breweries, and beaches. You can park your camper at the Leelanau Sands RV Park and go explore the nearby area. There are wineries and breweries close by—some just a few minutes away.
Enjoy a bonfire at the Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore. Bring s’mores and other campfire foods to satisfy that summer sweet tooth. Come back to your RV home and enjoy some play time at the Casino or find some grub at Big Dex’s located inside the casino.
Our Idea of the Perfect Day with Your RV
- Morning—Start your day right by hitting the links at one of Grand Traverse Resort and Spa’s three renowned golf courses, located just 46 minutes away in Acme, on the other side of Traverse City.
- Afternoon—Head back to Leelanau and Big Dex’s for a bite to eat. Then take a quick drive to downtown Suttons Bay for some ice cream, shopping, and strolling around town.
- Evening—Try your luck at the casino! It’s easy to travel back and forth with our complimentary transportation from the casino to the RV lot. After a night of fun and games, wind down in a lawn chair outside of your RV. Enjoy a night stargazing and visiting with friends and family.
RV Activities for Kids
Traveling with kids in the RV can be rough sometimes. One way to beat vacation boredom is to plan kid-friendly activities. Luckily, there’s plenty to do in Leelanau County such as the Great Lakes Children’s Museum.
Here are some things to consider the next time you find yourself on an RV road trip with kids:
- Games—Keep restless kids engaged by deeming specific games “RV-only.” Sometimes RVs can be short on space so be sure to grab a deck of playing cards. Learning to play the Michigan classic card game of euchre is a great way to pass the time!
- Pure Michigan Activity—There’s lots to discover in Leelanau. One of the best day activities to do with kids is to go Petoskey stone hunting!
- Audiobooks and News—If you’re looking to introduce your kids to stories of adventure, listening to Ghosts of Northern Michigan’s Past is a great way to learn about the area (just be sure the episode is age-appropriate for your kids).
Our Idea of the Best Kid-Friendly Day with Your RV
- Morning—Visit a nearby beach to enjoy a picnic and some sun. Don’t forget to pack drinks, sunscreen, and some games (like a frisbee)! You can find snacks for the beach and more at the Leelanau Sands Casino’s gift shop (the same shop where you made your RV reservation).
- Afternoon—If you’re ready for a little excursion and a break in the shade, we recommend visiting Grand Traverse Resort and Spa. Your kids will love the indoor waterpark. The water slide is always a hit!
- Evening—Finish the day with some sandwiches and fries from Big Dex’s before heading back to the RV for a night of ghost stories and family fun.
Leelanau RV Park at Leelanau Casino & Lodge
The RV Park at Leelanau Sands Casino & Lodge is an overnight asphalt parking lot. You’ll find campsites for travel trailers and RVs of all sizes, up to class A motorhomes. Our RV sites are first come, first served so please choose your spot when you arrive. Visit the Players Club inside the casino to sign in and pay your $25 nightly rate.
If you’re looking for an RV park in Leelanau County, look no further! Save money and stay in a prime location near exceptional beaches and quaint towns. Enjoy the convenience of having your own space and the ability to come and go with ease. Learn more about RV parking at Leelanau Sands Casino today!