COVID-19 facts and announcements
TURTLE CREEK CASINO & HOTEL IS OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
Grand Traverse Resort & Casinos’ highest priority is the health and safety of our guests. We have implemented a number of health and safety protocols as part of our COVID-19 Health and Safety Response Plan. Guests that are displaying symptoms of COVID-19 will not be granted entry. Properly worn masks are required of all guests while on property. Guests should be prepared to provide their own masks as supplies are limited due to demand. Guests are asked to practice physical distancing of at least 6 feet, use the sanitizing stations set up throughout the casino, wear a face mask, and follow posted instructions.
Please note, guests must be 18 or older to visit the casino, hotel, or dining locations until further notice.
COVID-19 Mask Policy:
• Properly worn masks are required of all guests and team members while on property, this supports the recommendation from the CDC that face masks should be worn at all times. Therefore, face masks are required of every employee and guest. Guest may remove their mask when seated at a restaurant. (Please note, guests should be prepared to provide their own mask as supplies are limited due to demand.)
•Help our staff out! If you see someone who is not properly wearing their mask, let your nearest staff member know and we will handle it from there.
• There is an inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 in any public place where people are present. COVID-19 is highly contagious and can lead to severe illness and death. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, senior citizens and guests with underlying medical conditions are especially vulnerable. Grand Traverse Resort & Casinos has put in place preventive measures to reduce the spread of COVID-19; however, we cannot guarantee or warrant against the risk of infection. By visiting any Grand Traverse Resort & Casinos property, guests voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19.
Hours of Operation:
• Turtle Creek Casino is open daily through 3:00 am with slot play starting at 7:00 am and table games starting at 2:00 pm.
• Leelanau Sands Casino offers slot play daily from 8:00 am-2:00 am and table games from 2:00 pm – 2:00 am. Both properties will utilize the closed hours for extensive cleaning and preparation.
• As of July 10, Bingo is will be temporarily closed at Leelanau Sands Casino. As we continue to adjust and adapt to challenges caused by the Covid-19 pandemic, we will use this temporary closure to review and enhance our long-standing bingo program. We plan to bring bingo back to Leelanau Sands better than ever at a future date! We will announce bingo's return when a date is confirmed.
Cleaning and Sanitation:
• For the time being, indoor smoking is only permitted on the East gaming floor at Turtle Creek Casino. Smoking at outdoor locations will now require COVID-19 reentry procedures. Smoking is not permitted on the West gaming floor, the hotel at Turtle Creek Casino, or indoors at Leelanau Sands Casino.
• In addition to our normal cleaning practices, every department in our organization has implemented enhanced sanitization procedures, to be performed continuously throughout the day in accordance with Grand Traverse Resort & Casinos Health and Safety Response Plan.
• Turtle Creek Casino will be closed from 3:00 am to 7:00 am every day for extensive property-wide sanitization. Leelanau Sands Casino will operate under normal hours, 8:00 am to 2:00 am, allowing us to deep clean the property throughout the day.
• We are increasing the frequency of cleaning at high-use areas, including dining venues, slot machines, table games, elevators, all handrails and door handles, counter tops, and other guest touch points.
• We have increased the number of hand-sanitization stations throughout our property, including in the back-of-house for team members and front-of-house for our guest’s use.
• Capacities are limited to 500 guests at Turtle Creek Casino and 125 guests at Leelanau Sands Casino.
• In an effort to control the limited capacities of our properties, the amount of entrances to our casino is minimized and controlled by our Security staff.
• Temperature screening is required of all team members and guests prior to entering the property. Anyone with a temperature greater than 100.4° will be asked to return home to recuperate.
• Guests are asked to practice physical distancing of at least 6 feet. Floor signage will help guide proper distance between guests.
• We have installed plexiglass shields in close contact areas, including our hotel front desk, cage cashier stations, dining cashier stations, gift shop, and players club.
•All of our gaming machines are active, but about half of the seating removed to encourage safe distancing.
• Table games seating is limited to three people per table and every other table is closed.
• Self-service beverage stations are not operable, but instead you can receive your complimentary soda and coffee from one of our Tower Bars.
• Seating in our food venues is limited to allow for proper social distancing. We also offer expanded service areas at our Bourbons 72 patio and will at the Onyx Sports Bar patio upon reopening.
• Both our hotel at Turtle Creek Casino and our lodge at Leelanau Sands Casino are limited to approximately 33% of our occupancy to allow proper time for deep cleaning after each guest stay.
• In an effort to protect our guests and employees from unnecessary contact and exposure and to let as many as guests as possible actively game, loitering on property is strictly discouraged and will be addressed as necessary.
Food and Beverage:
Limited dining options are available with properly distanced seating at both properties.
• At Turtle Creek Casino, Bourbons 72 steakhouse will serve over 100 guests from 5:00pm-10:00pm in the dining room, outdoor patio, and lounge (reservations are suggested).
• The Deli will seat over 60 guests from 7:00am – 1:00am with added tables available for seating in Seasons restaurant (Seasons buffet-style dining will be closed until further notice).
• Season’s buffet will be closed until further notice and will instead be used for additional seating for the Deli (to allow greater guest social distancing and comfort).
•The Coffee Spoon is open for breakfast from 7 am – 11 am and specialty coffee from 7 am – 1 am
•The Mid Level bar is closed until further notice
• Big Dex’s Restaurant at Leelanau Sands Casino will offer breakfast, lunch and dinner with seating and grab-and-go options Sunday through Thursday from 8:00am-10:00pm and Fridays and Saturdays from 8:00am-12:00am.
• Self-serve beverage areas are closed at this time, however complimentary soda and coffee is available at the staffed bar areas.
Hotel & Lodging:
• Accommodations at both Turtle Creek Casino and The Lodge at Leelanau Sand Casino are open with a limited number of rooms to allow proper time for deep cleaning. For Turtle Creek hotel reservations, call 800-951-8946. For Leelanau Sands lodge reservations, call 800-930-3008.
•RV parking is now available at Leelanau Sands Casino, call 800-930-3008 to make a reservation
Additional COVID-19 FAQs
Q: Is Grand Traverse Resort and Spa open?
A: Our sister property, Grand Traverse Resort and Spa, is operating with limited availability, including overnight accommodation in the Tower, golf and limited restaurants. The spa, pools, beach club and many other amenities are now open. For more information, visit the Resort’s COVID-19 update page here.
Q: What happened to my Grand Rewards players card while you were closed?
A: Your Grand Rewards players card remained active and your tier status was maintained. All balances are in your account. We’ve extended the qualification ending date to maintain or upgrade your tier status from December 31, 2020 to March 31, 2021 to make up for lost time.
Q: What about my drawing entries? Are they still good?
A: Yes, we will save your entries for a future drawing. Stay tuned for more information.
Q: What happened to my offers while the casino was closed? Will I get new offers once you are open again?
A: All offers have expiration dates, but when we create new offers for you, we won’t let the closure period affect them.
Q: Will you offer promotions and other special offers during your reopening?
A: At this time, our promotions have resumed. Additional amenities like offers and entertainment will be brought back for guest’s enjoyment at a future time.
Q: I’m looking for a place to stay now, is your hotel open?
A: A limited number of hotel rooms at Turtle Creek Casino & Hotel and the Lodge at Leelanau Sands will be available beginning Friday, May 29. Note, there are a limited number of rooms currently available at Grand Traverse Resort and Spa. For hotel reservations, contact:
• Turtle Creek Casino & Hotel: 231-534-6000
• The Lodge at Leelanau Sands Casino: 800-930-3008
• Grand Traverse Resort and Spa: 231-534-6000
Q: What happens to my reservation? Will I be charged any fees?
A: All reservations are automatically canceled for as long as we remain closed. You will not be charged any cancellation fees. If you want to keep your upcoming reservation you don’t need to do anything. If you would like to cancel your future reservation, please reach out to our front desk upon re-opening or email us.
Q: How can I obtain a win/loss statement?
A: Win/Loss statements will be processed as normal. Simply download the win/loss request form by clicking here, fill it out, and send it in. If you provide us with your email address you will get the win/loss statement a couple of days faster than if we send it to you via the post office.
Q: How can I get ahold of customer service?